top of page
  • Writer's pictureMichael Brush

Personal Injury Claims Part 2: Insurance Coverage

Generally, if you are in a motor vehicle accident and you were not at fault, the wrongdoer’s insurance company would be responsible for compensating you for your damages. However, what if the wrongdoer didn’t have insurance or didn’t carry enough coverage for your injuries? Often, the injured party has uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist coverage with their own insurance company.

What is UM/UIM? Basically, if the wrongdoer does not have insurance or not enough insurance to cover your injuries, your own insurance company may be responsible for compensating you for your damages. Trying to interpret your insurance policy to determine what if any, coverage you have can be an extremely difficult task. Additionally, dealing with both the wrongdoers insurance company, and your own causes undue stress when all you should be focused on is recovery.

Once liability is decided, and there is a determination that you and/or the accident covered by an insurance policy, what types of damages are you entitled to? Stay tuned for Part 3.


Before founding Miller, Westwood, & Brush, attorney Michael Brush gained valuable experience defending insurance companies against personal injury cases. This unique experience gives Mike greater success taking on the greedy insurance companies and fighting for equitable compensation for his clients. The lawyers at MWB have recovered millions of dollars for clients who have been injured because of someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or any other wrongdoing at the hands of another person or entity, please call now to schedule a free consultation.

30 views0 comments


bottom of page